Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Long overdue...

If this post is edible and has an expiry date, I would have died by now =_= but anyways, here's the news. I've LONG completed my Samurai Deeper Kyo (English Version) manga collection! (Yeay!!! OMEDETOU!!). By the way, I had it in my hand since July. Hahah!! And nope, I haven't read it. It's still in the plastic wrap, fresh from Kinokuniya. I know what happened in the end already so I decided to keep it that way until I start reading the whole series again. ahhahah!!!

Volume 37/38:The final installment of Samurai Deeper Kyo (English version)

I'm not sure if all of you have heard of "Samurai Deeper Kyo" by Akimine Kamijyou. If you have this in mind --> "Oh. That. I watched the anime and it sucks" Well, get out of here! Please don't judge the manga by the anime. You know anime storyline is usually estranged from and not loyal to the manga. Take Fullmetal Alchemist for example. Thank God they did Brotherhood and was loyal to the manga.

Ok back to Samurai Deeper Kyo (SDK).

Image 1: Samurai Deeper Kyo Logo

This was recommended by a used-to-be-good friend of mine somebody I know years ago. Around 8-9 years ago? I too, started off by watching the anime and of course, like everybody else, it was a turn off. What kind of Samurai story has alien-like-monster in it? AND not to mention during Tokugawa era. Ok, fine if you want it that way, but I didn't like it. The story in the anime was WAAYYYYYY different from the original manga. IN the Anime, Kyo was an artificial construct, born of Kyoshiro's attempt to purge violence and cruelty from himself. Which is NOT the real story. Kyo and Kyoshiro are two different individual.

What made me go on with the anime although I said "gosh this is crap" was the character, Sanada Yukimura (真田 幸村) (voiced by "Aniki" Megumi Ogata!!). The excellent and brilliant general, infamous for his military tactics. Of course, he was awesome in the anime, the manga and in real life! lolol!! Yukimara has 10 loyal ninjas that follows him around (imperceptible in the eye of normal human being) lol! They are the Sanada 10 (Sanada Jyuyushi: 真田十勇士)

Image 2: Sanada Yukimura in the anime

So I got attracted to finding out if the manga is the same as the anime. I'm glad I did. The manga IS AWESOME. And I fell in love with most of the characters in SDK, especially the main character Demon Eyes Kyo (Onime no Kyo: 鬼眼の狂).

Image 3: Kyo doing his "Mumyo Jinpu Ryu" in the anime

This. You have to read the manga. I'm not gonna summarize the whole gd thing. This is marketing strategy people! Buy the tankoubon!! All I can say is this manga is awesome. Although it's an old series, I've read it about 12 times because I just love the art, the story line and the ending.

Image 4: Kyo and the gang

Like I said. I read it 12 times. Hope that triggered your curiousity. hahaha!! By the way, Kamijyo-sensei is also the author for Code:Breaker and Shirogane no Karasu. So, Read This People!!

Warning: If you haven't watch the anime or read the manga, PLEASE GET YOURSELF AWAY FROM THE ANIME. And enjoy the manga to the fullest! Thanks! :D

No comments: