Saturday, May 8, 2010

Responsibility and Realization: The part where somebody should act like their own age

So, this is how it feels like to be sleepless all day long with a kid kicking your back because she wants to sleep comfortably in your bed and after a long day of not eating and not sleeping and with so many things happening. Yes, this is how it feels.

It's almost 5am. I thought I'll just keep myself awake until it's dawn and then go for my usual morning run. I can't sleep because my niece is next to me kicking her way for ultimate comfort. Can't blame her. I bet yesterday was the longest day of her entire 3 years of life. The part where she had to follow her parents and move away from her beloved nenek and atok. The part where her father was falsely arrested and it was a really weird incident. The part where her mom had to deal with all the craziness with the extra 3kg in her tummy. Everything seems like a lie. Too bad it's reality.

How about the person who was dragged along? Does anyone ever thought of what they feel? I bet noone does. Because it's insignificant. The insignificant grew to be a necessary existence.

No comments: