Friday, January 23, 2009

The Soba, The Croquette, The Tausa and The Trip

I've been yapping "Soba! Soba! Soba! Soba! Soba! Soba! Soba! Soba! Soba! Soba!" the whole week. My dream of having it for lunch yesterday afternoon was crushed by another trip to McDonald's (coz my boss wanted to eat Chicken Prosperity Burger...*pfft*). But last night finally, I was able to devour it, together with the forever indescribable goodness of Croquette at Sushi King. I never knew the Croquette was so good to be eaten together with Chicken Teriyaki Soba. The best word to describe it: "Subarashii". It was like heaven... Epiphany maybe?

The soba was superb (I bet it was not as good as the ones you can find in Japan a.k.a The Original Teriyaki Soba) but it was okay to kill the craving attack. The soup was slightly sweet and the soba noodle itself was quite soggy (they probably overcooked it). I still prefer cold soba over this but it was not a deep disappointment for me as I was fired to the max to dig in the Croquette.

Figure 1 : Sushi King no Tori Teriyaki Soba

I started with 4 pieces of sushi while reading about Liesel and Tom, and when the 'main course' arrived, i started mixing the wasabi and shoyu.... drooling... ;P I poke the Croquette with my chopsticks. It was crunchy on the outside and inside was soft. And the smell...oh, the smell~

Figure 2: Sushi King no Croquette

Dipping the Croquette in the Wasabi + Shoyu mix was brilliant. The sweet taste of the soft taro and the crunchiness of the breaded surface was heaven. (I'm seriously out of words to describe it). The taro melted in my mouth! (Okay... i exagerate a little... a lot). But it was good, i tell ya. After a few cups of hot green tea, I left with a big smile painted on my face. It was great.

Last night, my mom's aunt called her and invited all of us to go to Seremban during the Chinese New Year break. She called me yesterday too, to make sure I was free. My parents talked to me about it last night (I couldn't sleep, coz I was too excited about today*.) I deliberately reject the idea. I just wanted to see their reaction. That's all. Hahah!! Boy, was Chichi-ue mad. He really wanted me to have a good break, as in a little vacation for myself. Haha-ue was trying so hard to make me say 'Yes'. But the thing is, they didn't know that I do want to go and even planned a little trip along the way (like.... going to Melaka perhaps...). I told them "I'll think about it. Let me sleep". Hahaha.

This morning, I had my favourite Tausa Pao. It's been a while since I had it. I call it "Taisa-dono" coz it does sounded like Taisa a little. I was happy that i get to eat it today. I wanted to buy it yesterday but when i reached the shop that sells it, it was too early and they were still steaming it.

Pic 3: Tausa Pao
*Today: I can't wait to go back today. I'm gonna go pick up my manga and I'm gonna meet my old friend.

To all my friends who celebrate Chinese New Year: Gong Xi Fa Chai
Have a prosperous one!!

Until next time.

* wasabi - japanese horseradish
shoyu - soy sauce
soba - buckwheat noodle
subarashii - wonderful
Tausa Pao - Red Bean Steamed Bun
Taisa - Captain (Navy)
Liesel and Tom - Characters from the book I'm currently reading



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Taisa-dono" lol! I know where that came from XD

I didn't know they have korokke at Sushi King O__O looks pretty huge too

So are you guys going to Seremban?

Erma said...

Yeah. We are going. But dunno when.