Friday, November 14, 2008

the sum

It's only 10.06 am and already the 32nd yawn. I just got back from collecting a cheque for the company. Yeah, i think my boss can sense that I'm dead bored and he can see my soul is half way out of my body.

Anyway, today's mind rambling will be about my current craze, Last Alliance's album the sum. It's their latest album which was released last June.
The first single from this album was Drag On and was released on 28th November 2007 (Haha-ue no tanjoubi da!*) and it's almost a year now :D. The single is called Signal 004.


Last Alliance: Signal 004



I first heard this song in February and was given to me by Haru-chan (she usually downloads things and forgets about them). And that time I was reading SDK (short for Samurai Deeper Kyo) and there was this omake* about how Yukimura became... Yukimura. Hahahaa... The song seems to fit the situation and the story line... somehow..


Drag On by Last Alliance


Drag on has been the Song of the Year I should say. It's always in any mix CDs I burned and it became my general ringtone a couple of times. (Now it's Aiko's personalized ringtone). It also became the Theme Song for Aiko's visits to KL.

Ok. That's a drag on for Drag On. Hahah... So,the latest album the sum, consists of 12 hard rocking songs. (Sasuga Rasto Araiansu*)



Last Alliance: the sum
  1. Change by 1
  2. Proud of Scar
  3. Mujuuryoku ONEWAY SHUTTLE
  4. Sabaku to Gensou
  5. Katahiza no Yogore
  6. PERFECT GAME
  7. Yureta Byoushin
  8. Lonesome World
  9. Drag On
  10. WORLD IS MINE
  11. Ameagari ni Graffiti
  12. Gunjou Kurage

My favourite from this album (for now) is Sabaku to Gensou [砂漠と幻想].

This song has become the sleeping song, waking up song, going to work song, working song, after work song, lrt song and even my current ringtone. Hahaha!! Sabaku to Gensou is sung by Ryusuke Anzai (Vocalist, Guitarist) and his voice really matches the heavy run and dark ambience of the song. XD
Rate: 5/5



My second favourite (for now. hahaha) is World Is Mine.



It wasn't my favourite before. Ameagari no Graffiti[雨上がりにグラフィティ] was my second and both are sung by non other than (ehem...) my favourite Last Alliance member. Bassist and vocalist Takahiko Matsumara!~ =) I usually listen to World Is Mine when I'm down or when I have too many things to think about. It kinda lift up my mood (and I should have "the world is mine" feeling and attitute after listening to it. Hahah) I usually call it lagu semangat*.
Rate:5/5

So, if you're up to some Hard Rock/Post Punk music I highly recommend Last Alliance's the sum. But I'm sure I'll revert to Hurry XMas* mode when December comes. Hehehe.

*Haha-ue no tanjoubi da! = Mom's birthday
*omake = extra
* Sasuga Rasto Araiansu = As expected from Last Alliance
*Hurry Xmas = A single from L'Arc~en~Ciel
*lagu Semangat = songs that uplift your mood

For more info on Last Alliance visit: Last Alliance Official Website & MySpace: Last Alliance

3 comments:

a!k0 said...

yeah dude, drag on. *sigh* those were the days...really like to go back but with the difference you have your own place and i dont need to worry to get work done...life is good :D

Anonymous said...

i've had "The Sum" on my hard drive for months and i still haven't listened to it.

Yeah, lets switch back to "Hurry Xmas" mode next month v(^__^)v

Erma said...

hehe.. yeah Chrys, no need to stay up for work. But stay up for something else.. hahah

Haru-chan, we'll do a distance Xmas this year. hehehe..